Welcome to Manordeilo and Salem Community Council
Manordeilo and Salem Community Council is an elected body that serves and represents the interests of residents across the two Wards of Cwmifor and Salem. These Wards also include the communities of Capel Isaac, Manordeilo, Penybanc, Rhosmaen and Taliaris. Membership of the Community Council is made up of 12 councillors, seven councillors representing the Cwmifor Ward and five representing the Salem Ward.
Meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of every month (there is no meeting in August) at 7:30pm in the Manordeilo Reading Room. During the Covid-19 pandemic, meetings are being held remotely via Zoom and this arrangement will continue until further notice. Members of the community can still access these meetings however and login details are provided on the agendas posted on our website and notice boards in the community.
The Community Council is mainly funded through a Precept. A Precept is a charge that is included within the Council Tax collected by Carmarthenshire County Council and redistributed to community and town councils. We are also able to apply for grants for special projects.
What we do
The Council represents the people living in our area at the closest level to the community. We represent the views of our communities and actively engage in matters such as:
Community facilities and projects
- For example: benches, defibrillators, notice boards and financial contributions to local causes and charities.
- For example: biodiversity and footpath conditions.
- For example: road conditions and signs, street lighting and traffic issues.
- The Community Council has a statutory right to be consulted on all planning applications in our communities and makes observations to the planning authority that are taken into account in the decision-making process.
We also work with Carmarthenshire County Council, other community and town councils and authorities such as the Welsh Government and Dyfed-Powys Police to provide local services. We are a member of One Voice Wales, the umbrella organisation for town and community councils across Wales.
NOTICE OF CO-OPTION
Section 116 Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011
- Manordeilo and Salem
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that one vacancy(ies) has/have occurred in the office of Councillor for the above mentioned Community/Ward, and the Community Council intends to co-opt.
Expressions of interest are being sought from members of the public who meet the following qualifications and are interested in representing their community on the aforementioned Community Council. You must be a British, Commonwealth, Irish or a European Union citizen and be 18 years of age or over; and meet at least one of the following criteria:*
- registered as a local government elector for the area named above; or
- during the whole of the last 12 months occupied as owner or tenant land or other premises in the community named above; or
- your principal or only place of work during the last 12 months has been in the community named above; or
- you have during the whole of the last 12 months resided in the Community or with 4.8 kilometres of it.
*Certain people are disqualified from standing, and these include paid officers of the community council, anyone subject to bankruptcy restriction orders and those subject to recent sentences of imprisonment. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that they are qualified to stand.
Signed: Clerk to the Council
Dated: 15th February 2021
If you wish to be considered for co-option for the vacant seats(s) or want more information regarding the role of a Community Councillor please contact the Proper Officer, Clerk to the Council Community on/at email@example.com by 10th March 2021 or 01558 328264
Download copy of signed notice
The Community Council will not be holding face-to-face meetings until social distancing measures have been sufficiently relaxed due to the ongoing risks posed by Covid-19. We will inform the community as soon as we are able to resume our normal meeting schedule.
In the meantime, we will continue to conduct Community Council business remotely, and we aim to be a point of contact for anyone within our community who needs further information and support during this difficult time.
Please especially get in touch with us if you, or anyone you know, is suffering severe financial hardship and we will do our best to ensure that you receive the support you need. Please contact our Clerk in the first instance: 01558 328264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please stay safe and follow all government guidelines. We are all in this together and we must all do our part to support each other. This time will pass and we will emerge a stronger community for it.
Covid 19 Information
Find below a list of locations for defibrillators that the Community Council have funded and/or supported across our community.
- All Small Engines, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BG
- Manordeilo Reading Room, Cwmifor, Llandeilo, SA19 7AW
- Salem Village Hall, Salem, Llandeilo, SA19 7LY
- Capel Isaac Vestry, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo, SA19 7TL
- The Plough Inn, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo, SA19 6NP
- Teilo Vets, Beechwood Estate, Talley Road, Llandeilo, SA19 7HR
Learn CPR and defibrillator skills
View councillors and their contact details
- Gwenfyl Evans
- Croesnant, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo SA19 7ES
- 01558 85322
- Peter Harries
- Crud Yr Awel, Salem, Llandeilo SA19 7LY
- 01558 823075
- Doris Jones
- Maesteilo Farm, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo SA19 7TG
- 01558 68826
- Owen Williams
- Maesydderwen, 1 Golwg y Gaer, Salem, Llandeilo SA19 7PA
- 01558 822061
- Alun Davies
- Trefwri, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo SA19 7AF
- 01558 823954
- Arwel Davies
- Erwlon, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BG
- 01550 777571
- Kimberley Davies
- Glanrhyd Station House, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BR
- 01550 777930
- Joseph Davies (County Cllr)
- 5 Ger Y Llan, Cwmifor, Llandeilo SA19 7AW
- 01558 822167
- Hubert Gwynne
- Coedmawr, Manordeilo, Llandeilo SA19 7BS
- 01558 822219
- William Loynton
- 7 Caledfwlch, Cwmifor, Llandeilo SA19 7BT
- 01558 823627
- Andrew Thomas
- Nantwgan, Brynwgan Farm, Llandeilo, SA19 7LE
- 01558 822449