Welcome to Manordeilo and Salem Community Council
Notice of Conclusion of Audit
NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF AUDIT
AND RIGHT TO INSPECT THE ANNUAL RETURN
FOR THE YEARS ENDED
31 MARCH 2021
Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 Section 29
Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014
The audit of accounts for the
MANORDEILO AND SALEM COMMUNITY COUNCIL
for the year ended 31 March 2021 has been concluded.
The annual return is available for inspection by any local government elector for the area of the MANORDEILO AND SALEM COMMUNITY COUNCIL on application to:
Mrs J Davies, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
14 Blende Road, Llandeilo SA19 6NE
between 9.00am and 6.00pm on Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays), when any local government elector may make copies of the annual return.
Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of £0.60p for each copy of the annual return.
Mrs J Davies, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
11th March 2022
View annual return (PDF)
Electors Rights (PDF)
Big Meadow Search 1 June - 31 August
A UK-wide project developed by Carmarthenshire Meadows Group (carmarthenshiremeadows.com), to raise awareness and interest in grasslands and to record plant species. The Big Meadow Search species list is derived from National Plant Monitoring Scheme lowland grassland indicator species, plus additional interesting meadow plant species. Any species-rich grassland types can be searched including meadows, woodland rides, churchyards, road verges, wild amenity grasslands.
All you need to do is:
- Select your grassland
- Record the location name, grid reference and date
- Amble along and make a note of all the plant species you see
- If you aren’t sure on a species, take photographs from multiple angles of the flower heads, basal and stem leaves, upper and lower leaf surface, leaf base shape and either post on our social media or email to us and we will try and help to identify
- Send your results to us, and once we have finished our BMS analysis, we will send them on to your local environmental record centre (LERC)
For species accounts look at our Facebook page: Big Meadow Search, or Twitter account, @bigmeadowsearch or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Cymru Versus Arthritis Message
On Tuesday, March 22nd (6-7pm), we’ll be joined by Alison Brown, who is an Occupational Therapist specialising in Hand Therapy. Alison will talk about her role and the support she provides, as well as going through some exercises and techniques, and gadgets/equipment that can help in daily life. There will be an opportunity for questions also. Everyone is welcome to join us! Please go to our Eventbrite page to register.
Our online information sessions are for adults with arthritis, MSK or related conditions e.g. fibromyalgia, lupus, gout. Also for health care professionals and carers supporting people living with arthritis. They offer a chance to learn about managing arthritis and related conditions, hear from guest speakers and find out more about the support provided by Versus Arthritis in local areas.
Manordeilo and Salem Community Council is an elected body that serves and represents the interests of residents across the two Wards of Cwmifor and Salem. These Wards also include the communities of Capel Isaac, Manordeilo, Penybanc, Rhosmaen and Taliaris. Membership of the Community Council is made up of 12 councillors, seven councillors representing the Cwmifor Ward and five representing the Salem Ward.
Meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of every month (there is no meeting in August) at 7:30pm in the Manordeilo Reading Room. During the Covid-19 pandemic, meetings are being held remotely via Zoom and this arrangement will continue until further notice. Members of the community can still access these meetings however and login details are provided on the agendas posted on our website and notice boards in the community.
The Community Council is mainly funded through a Precept. A Precept is a charge that is included within the Council Tax collected by Carmarthenshire County Council and redistributed to community and town councils. We are also able to apply for grants for special projects.
What we do
The Council represents the people living in our area at the closest level to the community. We represent the views of our communities and actively engage in matters such as:
Community facilities and projects
- For example: benches, defibrillators, notice boards and financial contributions to local causes and charities.
- For example: biodiversity and footpath conditions.
- For example: road conditions and signs, street lighting and traffic issues.
- The Community Council has a statutory right to be consulted on all planning applications in our communities and makes observations to the planning authority that are taken into account in the decision-making process.
We also work with Carmarthenshire County Council, other community and town councils and authorities such as the Welsh Government and Dyfed-Powys Police to provide local services. We are a member of One Voice Wales, the umbrella organisation for town and community councils across Wales.
The Community Council will not be holding face-to-face meetings until social distancing measures have been sufficiently relaxed due to the ongoing risks posed by Covid-19. We will inform the community as soon as we are able to resume our normal meeting schedule.
In the meantime, we will continue to conduct Community Council business remotely, and we aim to be a point of contact for anyone within our community who needs further information and support during this difficult time.
Please especially get in touch with us if you, or anyone you know, is suffering severe financial hardship and we will do our best to ensure that you receive the support you need. Please contact our Clerk in the first instance: 01558 328264 or email@example.com
Please stay safe and follow all government guidelines. We are all in this together and we must all do our part to support each other. This time will pass and we will emerge a stronger community for it.
Find below a list of locations for defibrillators that the Community Council have funded and/or supported across our community.
- All Small Engines, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BG
- Manordeilo Reading Room, Cwmifor, Llandeilo, SA19 7AW
- Salem Village Hall, Salem, Llandeilo, SA19 7LY
- Capel Isaac Vestry, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo, SA19 7TL
- The Plough Inn, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo, SA19 6NP
- Teilo Vets, Beechwood Estate, Talley Road, Llandeilo, SA19 7HR
View councillors and their contact details
- Gwenfyl Evans
- Croesnant, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo SA19 7ES
- 01558 85322
- Mark Harries
- Cefnrhiwlas, Penybanc, Llandeilo, SA19 7TB
- 07732 330853
- Peter Harries
- Crud Yr Awel, Salem, Llandeilo SA19 7LY
- 01558 823075
- Doris Jones
- Maesteilo Farm, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo SA19 7TG
- 01558 68826
- Owen Williams
- Maesydderwen, 1 Golwg y Gaer, Salem, Llandeilo SA19 7PA
- 01558 822061
- Alun Davies
- Trefwri, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo SA19 7AF
- 01558 823954
- Arwel Davies
- Erwlon, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BG
- 01550 777571
- Kimberley Davies
- Glanrhyd Station House, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BR
- 01550 777930
- Joseph Davies (County Cllr)
- 5 Ger Y Llan, Cwmifor, Llandeilo SA19 7AW
- 01558 822167
- Hubert Gwynne
- Coedmawr, Manordeilo, Llandeilo SA19 7BS
- 01558 822219
- William Loynton
- 7 Caledfwlch, Cwmifor, Llandeilo SA19 7BT
- 01558 823627
- Andrew Thomas
- Nantwgan, Brynwgan Farm, Llandeilo, SA19 7LE
- 01558 822449