Welcome to Manordeilo and Salem Community Council
Notice of Audit
Notice of appointment of the date for the exercise of electors’ rights
MANORDEILO AND SALEM COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Financial year ending 31 MARCH 2021
- Date of announcement 30th JUNE 2021
- Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mrs Jane Davies
Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Manordeilo and Salem Community Council
01558 328 264
between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm on Monday to Friday
commencing on 20 August 2021
and ending on 17 September 2021
- From 20 September 2021, until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts.
- the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them.
- The Auditor General can be contacted via: Community Council Audits, Audit Wales, 24 Cathedral Road Cardiff CF11 9LJ. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.
Manordeilo and Salem Community Council is an elected body that serves and represents the interests of residents across the two Wards of Cwmifor and Salem. These Wards also include the communities of Capel Isaac, Manordeilo, Penybanc, Rhosmaen and Taliaris. Membership of the Community Council is made up of 12 councillors, seven councillors representing the Cwmifor Ward and five representing the Salem Ward.
Meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of every month (there is no meeting in August) at 7:30pm in the Manordeilo Reading Room. During the Covid-19 pandemic, meetings are being held remotely via Zoom and this arrangement will continue until further notice. Members of the community can still access these meetings however and login details are provided on the agendas posted on our website and notice boards in the community.
The Community Council is mainly funded through a Precept. A Precept is a charge that is included within the Council Tax collected by Carmarthenshire County Council and redistributed to community and town councils. We are also able to apply for grants for special projects.
What we do
The Council represents the people living in our area at the closest level to the community. We represent the views of our communities and actively engage in matters such as:
Community facilities and projects
- For example: benches, defibrillators, notice boards and financial contributions to local causes and charities.
- For example: biodiversity and footpath conditions.
- For example: road conditions and signs, street lighting and traffic issues.
- The Community Council has a statutory right to be consulted on all planning applications in our communities and makes observations to the planning authority that are taken into account in the decision-making process.
We also work with Carmarthenshire County Council, other community and town councils and authorities such as the Welsh Government and Dyfed-Powys Police to provide local services. We are a member of One Voice Wales, the umbrella organisation for town and community councils across Wales.
The Community Council will not be holding face-to-face meetings until social distancing measures have been sufficiently relaxed due to the ongoing risks posed by Covid-19. We will inform the community as soon as we are able to resume our normal meeting schedule.
In the meantime, we will continue to conduct Community Council business remotely, and we aim to be a point of contact for anyone within our community who needs further information and support during this difficult time.
Please especially get in touch with us if you, or anyone you know, is suffering severe financial hardship and we will do our best to ensure that you receive the support you need. Please contact our Clerk in the first instance: 01558 328264 or email@example.com
Please stay safe and follow all government guidelines. We are all in this together and we must all do our part to support each other. This time will pass and we will emerge a stronger community for it.
Find below a list of locations for defibrillators that the Community Council have funded and/or supported across our community.
- All Small Engines, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BG
- Manordeilo Reading Room, Cwmifor, Llandeilo, SA19 7AW
- Salem Village Hall, Salem, Llandeilo, SA19 7LY
- Capel Isaac Vestry, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo, SA19 7TL
- The Plough Inn, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo, SA19 6NP
- Teilo Vets, Beechwood Estate, Talley Road, Llandeilo, SA19 7HR
View councillors and their contact details
- Gwenfyl Evans
- Croesnant, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo SA19 7ES
- 01558 85322
- Mark Harries
- Cefnrhiwlas, Penybanc, Llandeilo, SA19 7TB
- Peter Harries
- Crud Yr Awel, Salem, Llandeilo SA19 7LY
- 01558 823075
- Doris Jones
- Maesteilo Farm, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo SA19 7TG
- 01558 68826
- Owen Williams
- Maesydderwen, 1 Golwg y Gaer, Salem, Llandeilo SA19 7PA
- 01558 822061
- Alun Davies
- Trefwri, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo SA19 7AF
- 01558 823954
- Arwel Davies
- Erwlon, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BG
- 01550 777571
- Kimberley Davies
- Glanrhyd Station House, Manordeilo, Llandeilo, SA19 7BR
- 01550 777930
- Joseph Davies (County Cllr)
- 5 Ger Y Llan, Cwmifor, Llandeilo SA19 7AW
- 01558 822167
- Hubert Gwynne
- Coedmawr, Manordeilo, Llandeilo SA19 7BS
- 01558 822219
- William Loynton
- 7 Caledfwlch, Cwmifor, Llandeilo SA19 7BT
- 01558 823627
- Andrew Thomas
- Nantwgan, Brynwgan Farm, Llandeilo, SA19 7LE
- 01558 822449